Wednesday, July 3, 2013

So What Wednesday!

Today I am saying So What....

-to the fact that tomorrow is the 4th of July, and we aren't doing a blessed thing!  Normally we head over to the in-laws for a cookout or head down to the beach.  But this year, we decided to have our beach weekend last weekend, and the in-laws actually head down to the beach tonight, so they won't be in town.  And Brian has to work on Friday, so it will be just a relaxing, low key day.  No parades or fireworks either, we don't want to deal with all the hassle, so family time it is!!
 
-to the fact that Maggie's birthday is 24 days away and there are no definite birthday party plans and therefore no theme.  For the past two years, I have started planning Magster's birthday about six months out, and I was all about the theme.  The 1st birthday was cupcake/princess.  The 2nd birthday was Mickey/Sesame Street.  This year I asked Mags what she wanted her birthday to be (hard to explain what a "theme" is) and she replied:  cake, balloons and birthday hats.  So that's what the girl's getting!!!

Next weekend we're heading down to Grammy and Poppy's for the weekend, and we're probably heading to the Baltimore Zoo, since Little Miss has quite a love for animals, especially elephants, and the Baltimore Zoo is the closest one with elephants.

Then for her actual birthday, which falls on a Saturday this year, we are heading down to Brigantine with Nana & PopPop.  Most that side of the family will be there for the weekend, and we will celebrate down there!

And with MeeMaw and PPaw, our plans are still up in the air, because Uncle Bray has a bunch of lacrosse tournaments and college visits this summer, but we'll do something maybe over labor day.

As for us, we have a few presents for Mags, but we're keeping it simple.  I took her out yesterday to a special kid's salon and she got a fun haircut in a Barbie jeep, with sparkly clips and her nails painted for the first time.

 
Then over the next two weeks, we have swim lessons every morning.  And let's not forget Disney in 43 days.... 

-to the fact that I didn't read my 100 pages for the #30dayread, yesterday, I only read 71 pages and could not stay up to read 29 more.  That's ok, because I am ahead in the challenge, and I am SUPER ahead in my yearly challenge.  I challenged myself to read 30 books this year, and as of Monday, I completed that challenge, so I've upped the challenge to 40 books.  If I keep up my current pace, I'm probably going to have to up that challenge too! 
From this past Saturday at the beach....Oh what I wouldn't give to be sitting on this porch right now.



So What Wednesday

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Oooh I love your nail polish in that last pic :)

24 more days til Maggie turns THREE?? Wowsa...time flies. :)

Brandy Bruce said...

Same for us this 4th!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails